Follow the steps of Elizabeth Gilbert / Julia Roberts on this private walking tour of Rome
Transportation: Walking tour
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: €280.00 Total for private party of max 8 people. Admissions, food and transportation extra
Starting times: You can choose your tour starting time; however we recommend starting at 9 a.m. or at 2-3 p.m. (If you arrive by cruise ship our driver will meet you at the ship when you disembark)
Meeting place: Hotel pickup or meet at tour site.
Did you love the book from Elizabeth Gilbert? Have you enjoyed the movie with Julia Roberts? Here is the private walking tour of Rome that will make you follow the steps of Liz and take you to discover some beautiful touristic attractions of the Eternal city.
• Tiber Island – This enchanting place away from the busy traffic is Elizabeth’s favorite quiet spot (in the book) is the ideal start for the Eat, Pray, Love tour
• Jewish Ghetto – Walk through narrow streets where the Roman Jewish community is still leaving between the Roman ruins of the Portico d'Ottavia
• Campo de’ Fiori square – A favourite spot for the aperitivo of the Romans, and the square with an open air market where you can see and learn about local food products just like Liz Gilbert
• Piazza Navona - One of the most beautiful squares of Rome, decorated with the famous Four Rivers Fountain, and exactly where scenes of the movie with Julia Roberts were filmed
• The Pantheon – The uniquely well preserved temple in Rome dating back to the 2nd century, with its astonishing dome
• Coffee - Very close to the Pantheon is the bar where Liz starts to learn about the Italian coffee culture (exactly the one where the movie was filmed) and where you can stop for an excellent espresso. Few steps away and you reach the place where you may have the best hand-made gelato (ice-cream) and Liz's favourite (in the book)
• The apartment - Next you will pass by (and surely stop to take pictures of) the historical bulding where Liz had the apartment in Rome
• Spaghetti - Your private guide will show you the trattoria (family-run restaurant) where Elizabeth learnt to love the “spaghetti cacio e pepe” (pecorino cheese and black pepper). There will not be time to stop for lunch, but you may come back at ease after the tour
• Mausoleum of Augustus – The burial place of Emperor Augustus, another romantic spot along the way where Liz/Julia stopped for moments of reflection
• Ice cream – The best gelato in Rome – Liz Rome's obsession – it can be found in this tiny ice-cream shop near the Trevi Fountain!
• Piazza Barberini - the internet shop (and the beautiful fountain of the Triton)
• Fountain of the Satirs – This fountain mentioned by Elizabeth can be found in the park of Villa Borghese. This site is out of the way and far from the rest of the itinerary but our guide will tell you how to find it, and – if time allows – we can include this site in the itinerary.
Tour costs €70/hour for party of max 8 people; €10.00 per each additional person in your party and up to 15 people. For larger parties we will send you a quote per person, depending on the total number of participants.